Saturday, March 1, 2014

Paperback heaven...

Ah, yes...the sight, sound and smell of a great paperback.

I'm celebrating my BackTracker series in conjunction with the release of FIREWALLS Book 3 in that series and although the celebration includes special eBook pricing, my paperbacks are definitely worth a look, too.

I mostly promote my eBooks, because that's what I've been coached to do. However, paperbacks remain a favorite of many readers so today I'm going to cater to those of you who love the smell and touch of a book with real paper pages.

All my books are available as paperbacks
All my books are available in paperback format: THE TRAZ, THE TRAZ School Edition, FATAL ERROR, FIREWALLS, and SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT. Through the magic of computer and internet technology, if you click on any of those titles in the previous sentence, your device will take you to the page on your country's Amazon website where you can buy it.

However, Amazon is not the only place you can buy my paperbacks. I mostly promote Amazon because it is the biggest online bookseller, meaning it sells more of my books than anyone else (other than perhaps myself in person). Not all consumers, though, like shopping on Amazon and not all like shopping anywhere online. That doesn't mean they can't buy my paperbacks!

For those who do shop online, but not on Amazon, there are several places you can buy my paperbacks.  One of the larger booksellers that carries them is Barnes and Noble. Click on their name in that sentence and you will go to the page where you can buy FIREWALLS. Use their search feature to find my other books.

On the right hand side of the home page of this blog, Magic of the Muses, you will find links to various online booksellers that carry my novels. I won't re-list them all here.

Now, for those who don't shop online, that's not a problem either. My novels are on the bookshelves of many libraries and a few bookstores as well. If they are not in your local bookstore or library you can ask to have them ordered in for you. Just give them my name and the title or titles you are looking for and they can do the online purchasing or inter-library loan for you.

And then, of course, there's the option of purchasing directly from me. I always have lots of copies of all my books on hand and can autograph and personalize them for you and confirm shipping costs before sending them. If you live in my neck of the woods, I will even deliver them to you. 

Firewalls eBook is on for $1.99
The Traz eBook is  















Why are paperbacks seldom on sale? Paperbacks cost much more to produce, print, and ship than eBooks, so they are, of course, priced higher. However, I have priced my paperbacks very reasonably upfront and there are restrictions on how low I can price them. Online booksellers demand a certain amount of commission--meaning there is a minimum price they will let me charge--they need to make their money. I respect that, because if they don't make money, they go out of business and can't sell my books. Another difficulty in putting paperbacks on sale is that changing the price of paperbacks is a more difficult process than the one in place for eBooks. There are often long time-delays before the new price shows up online and different distributors have different pricing requirements, making short-lived promotions difficult to impossible to organize.

Protagonist, Cst. Katrina Randal
Compared to the cost of a night out at the theatre or opera, or an evening hockey game, the price of my paperbacks is bargain-basement and the books provide many many more hours of enjoyment than most forms of entertainment. (You don't have to worry about parking, either.) Plus, you have instant replay at your fingertips should you want to read it again, and you can share the novel with your friends at no additional cost.


In person, I sell my novels for $15.00 Cdn each. That price varies throughout cyberspace, depending on currency conversions, special promos the distributors offer, etc. The online price often includes free shipping if your order is over a certain amount. Sometimes, through Amazon, you can get the ebook at a discount if you buy the paperback, and vice versa. It's called their MATCHBOOK program. So you can check that out if you're an Amazon shopper.


If you're a paperback lover and have any questions about how to get your hands and eyes on one of my paperbacks, please leave a comment below or contact me on any of my other social networking sites. 

Author, Eileen Schuh
Enjoy!



Eileen Schuh, Author
FIREWALLS
FATAL ERROR

Schrödinger's Cat
THE TRAZ

No comments: